Tuesday 24 October 2017

Herd Army for CoK 2017

In preperation for Clash of Kings 2017 (a ~100 player tournament in the UK) I decided to create a new army. Last year I played Elves with a nice mix of infantry, cavalry and shooting. This year I decided to resurrect some of my old Warhammer Beastmen miniatures and repurpose them for Kings of War.

In addition I added some wonderful new models, like the War Bull from Scibor Miniatures and an awesome looking charging pig (called a Torvax) from Mierce Miniatures. I then rebased everything onto new multi-bases, added some incidental skulls and arrows and I was done.


Here's my list for the tournament:

  • Tribal Hunters troop - throwing weapons
  • Tribal Hunters troop - bows
  • Harpies
  • Tribal Chariots regiment
  • Lycan horde - Blood of the old King
  • Lycan horde - Helm of the Ram
  • Stampede - Dwarven Ale
  • Great Totem
  • Chimera - Wings
  • Centaur Chief - Lute of Insatiable Darkness
  • Shaman - Heal
  • Avatar of the Father - Heal

The list is relatively compact so that it will all fit into hand-luggage (I have to fly to the UK) so certain compromises were made. In addition, some units are included simply because they look cool! - for instance, the Chariots (these really need better rules).


I'm not a competitive player and most of my armies include 'fluffy' choices and my tournament experience is very limited, so I do not expect to win many games, but I do hope to have fun and at the very least, present a reasonable challenge to each of my opponents. Last year I won only one game, so my aim this year is two!

This year at Clash of Kings there is also a pseudo Team-Tournament. Each player is in a team of 4 and the aggregate score across all players in a team is taken and used to determine the winning team. Therefore, even if I do badly, there's still hope my Team may carry me to glory! In order to represent mainland Europe I've joined forces with Team Map Pack from Norway. May the Fjords be with you!

Ghorros.










No comments:

Post a Comment