Wednesday 2 November 2016

Warhammer World

Back in September I went to Warhammer World for the Warlords Age of Sigmar event and whilst I was there I visited the Miniature Gallery.



This is my second visit to Warhammer World, but the first since it was renovated. The changes are significant, but at the same time not all that dramatic. The main difference is the entrance, which although looking very modern and flashy, was somewhat empty.



The main gaming hall has not really been updated, although it does now feel a bit smaller than before, with seemingly more space given over to the shops - Games Workshop, Forge World and Black Library. Bugman's Bar, where one can buy filling but extremely unhealthy food and drink was unchanged.



As can be seen from my photo of Bugman's, the Youtube celebrity Andy2d6 was in attendance (although he didn't play in the tournament) along with his partner in crime, Remington Steele. I decided to wander over and say hello and was rather pleasantly invited to take part in a 2 on 2 narrative game of AoS, which I happily accepted.



After our game on the Friday afternoon I decided to quickly visit the Gallery and take some photos. The gallery is much improved since the renovation and although there is now an entrance fee (Warhammer World itself is free entry), it is well worth it. Amazingly, at 18:30 on a Friday evening the exhibition was completely empty and I casually wandered around all on my own.

Ghorros.

Exhibition Center at Warhammer World.






































No comments:

Post a Comment