Sunday 26 June 2016

Multi-basing Elves for Kings of War


I'm slowly going through a process of multi-basing a number of my armies for Kings of War. The best thing about KoW, in my opinion, is that it allows for multi-basing, because individual miniatures do not need to be removed as casualties.

I'm not a huge fan of dioramas, because I really like the look of organized rank and file units with a decent number of miniatures and as such I've based my Elves relatively simply, but I'm pretty happy with how they have turned out.

Horde of Kindred Tallspears




Horde of Kindred Archers



2 Regiments of Stormwind Cavalry

Regiment 1.



Regiment 2.



2 Troops of Silverbreeze Cavalry



2 Bolt Throwers



I've still got several units to finish - a few troops of Palace Guard and Gladestalkers as well as all my Heroes and Characters.

This is the first time I've tried to photograph any of my miniatures using a light box and although the results are good, there is still a significant amount of glare across the black plastic inlay. If anyone has any suggestions, please comment.

Ghorros.

3 comments:

  1. Nice blog. I enjoyed your reports grom the KOW tournament in Cardiff. One question, how do you store and transport your multibased KOW miniatutes without damaging them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Feldherr cases and foam, specifically the pluck foam. I simply pluck out the required space for a unit. Then I cut the plucked foam to size so that I can fill any spaces on and around the unit. Sometimes I double stack (unit, then foam, then another unit) - smaller, lighter units on top.

      So far I have only had very minor damage (shields falling off etc.) that was easily repaired.

      Delete
  2. Great job! I love the clean look. Black borders a nice. Also a fan of massed ranks. 30 models for a horde seems to be the magic number.

    ReplyDelete